Work hard, believe in your dream and be respective and humble.

Andile Hamilton Khumalo is a young, handsome, full of life F.C Cape Town soccer star described by his fans. Khumalo was approached by the soccer team Amazulu in 2010 to be their striker and midfielder as he was doing his final year at the University of the North West in 2010, studying Sport Science. During the year of 2014 his contract with Amazulu expired and later in the same year he joined F.C Cape Town and is currently contracted with them.

Khumalo is involved in project that uplift the youth in his community of Madadeni, a township situated in Newcastle. In 2011 he started the "Andile Khumalo Challenge", a soccer tournament that is now held annually to help and inspire kids and the youth to be in sport. He recently launched "The Andile Khumalo Foundation", it aims to also help the disadvantaged youth who are in sport in the area.

Khumalo is the eldest with three siblings, he was raised by a single mother Nompumelelo Thwala after his father  Sipho Khumalo passed on when he was very young. "I had a poor upbringing and I always wished that one day I will change my situation and that of my family" said Khumalo.

Khumalo attended the local schools situated in Madadeni namely Vumelani Primary School and Bethamoya High School. Khumalo said he never saw himself as a soccer star one day, he said "I was one of the good soccer players at High School but I wanted to be a television presenter, just because I wanted to be on T.V".

Thwala describes her son as her Prince, she said "He is the best son any parent could wish for, he is my prince as he is the only boy with 3 sisters". Nathi Ndlovu KaZwane said "He is one of my good friends, I always look forward to his home visits when he comes back from Cape Town".

In 5 years time Khumalo sees himself as a young, successful, well recognised footballer in South Africa and abroad. and his advice to the youth who look up to him is that "everything has its own time, learn to exercise patience, it didn't take me a day or a year

to achieve my goals. A person must work hard, believe in your dream and lastly be respective and humble".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Radio 702 to Thobela FM, Passion will take you everywhere

Climbing the ladder to Talk Radio 702

"Be true to yourself and don't let a bad situation swallow you." Jabulile Mamkhwanazi Khumalo