"I decided to follow my passion in music and have just released an album titled 'In the name of love', ". Sizwe Salt



Sizwe Salt
Sizwe Tswayi was born and raised in the dusty street of Madadeni, a township situated in Newcastle Kwazulu Natal. He is the first born and has 3 siblings.

He started his schooling career at Ntobeko Primary School, proceeded to Esipheni Senior Primary School and went to Sabela High School where he matriculated in 2003.

He said that his love for music started at primary school level as he was part of the school choir until he reached high school. “Growing up I used to attend church every Sunday and use to lead my church choir at Faith Mission now known as Potters House Family Church and the first demo I made was a gospel song,” said Tswayi.

He formed an Afro-Pop music group with his friend and his cousin and they were known as MaDucks. The group was welcomed by it community of Newcastle as their hit song used to be played on the local community radio station known as Newcastle Community Radio (NCR). They performed at the annual Amco Dam Music Festival as it was launched in 2004, also once opened a stage for Mafikizolo at Amajuba Winter Festival known as Newcastle Show. The group fell apart as he moved to Johannesburg in search for greener pastures.

In 2004 January he moved to Johannesburg to try and make it to the music industry but that didn’t go as planned and he ended up registering for an IT Course at PC Training College.

“In 2005 I was an intern at Metro-Rail and after that I landed my first job as a Teller at Standard Bank and after studying my IT course, I finished my Diploma and continued with my studies at UNISA doing B.Com but dropped out in my second year because I felt that music was my calling,” said Tswayi.

He has also try his luck in acting as he starred in e.TV Ekasi Stories and took part in a story that took the country by storm Unconventional Love. A story of two gay men, and his character dies on the story and his partner has a fight with his mother on who has a right to bury him.

In 2011 he released his single I’ll be strong and it was played on shows like Selimathunzi and Soweto TV but it wasn’t that much of a success as he failed to balance work and pushing the single.

He has performed in places such as the Market Theatre in Jo’burg, Baseline in Newtown and has opened performances for artist such as Winnie Khumalo.

“I have just finished my album this year and it was released on digital media in July and is available on I-tunes, it is titled In the name of love,” said Tswayi.

Wiseman Gumede a friend of Tswayi for the past 5 years said that his friend is a great, friendly, and loving person.

Sibusiso Buthelezi who has listened to the album said “it great music for the soul, he has a beautiful voice, I am taken by Tying the knot and I’ll be strong but all the songs are just wow.”

You can download Sizwe Salt Album on I-Tunes just follow this link https://t.co/xZsjISutAG  and you can also visit his website for update www.sizwesalt.co.za


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Radio 702 to Thobela FM, Passion will take you everywhere

Climbing the ladder to Talk Radio 702

"Be true to yourself and don't let a bad situation swallow you." Jabulile Mamkhwanazi Khumalo