Be strong, keep going & remain humble

 

"Thandeka Sibeko" Photo supplied.

Thandeka Sibeko of Social Market Movement Events (SMM) which has just celebrated four years in existence, was born in Glencoe and later moved to Newcastle in 2007 to live with her dad and siblings in Northern KwaZulu Natal. She has a qualification in Human Resources, a Digital Marketing Certificate and a Content Market Certificate.

“I am a self-taught events planner which is why I started SMM Events as I started exhibiting in markets in Bloemfontein.” Says Sibeko.

After completing college in Bloemfontein, she moved back to Newcastle. She decided to introduce the social market in order to uplift small and upcoming business entrepreneurs while creating a social experience.

“The social market in Newcastle was born in the year 2016, yes I did have hiccups as any other businesses but I already had a five-year plan that is why I have managed to keep it going.” Says Sibeko.

She says that when you love something and you are passionate about it, it hard to let it go, so that is why she has been rising against all odds. Also, she praises the people of Newcastle as they have been constantly supporting her brand despite the change of venues in the past few years.

"Social Market Movement 4th Birthday celebration in October 2020" Photo supplied.

“The change of venues affected me financially, I was in debt and I was depressed for two months and I decided to take a break just to gather my thought and to figure out my next move.” Says Sibeko

What came out positively from the constant change of venues, she says it has managed to grow her, it has taught her that anything is possible you just have to be strong, keep going and remain humble.

People in and around Newcastle have been supporting her none stop at the Osizweni Social Market Experience. “It has been an amazing experience; I didn’t think people will adapt to change so quickly.” Says Sibeko.

"Osizweni Social Market Experience." Photo supplied.
She says she would like to thank the owner of Osizweni Khazins Shisanyama and the whole team for welcoming her brand and helping it grow.

"Social Market Experience entrepreneurs." Photo supplied.
“What in store for Social Market Movement is big and amazing things, so people need to keep up with the brand and I will be launching a foundation next year which will be dedicated towards uplifting young girls and women.” Says Sibeko.

By: Thobela Sibiya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Radio 702 to Thobela FM, Passion will take you everywhere

Climbing the ladder to Talk Radio 702

"Be true to yourself and don't let a bad situation swallow you." Jabulile Mamkhwanazi Khumalo