It is never too late; I repeated Matric four times

"Bathandwa Kosani on his way to school". Photo Supplied

Meet Bathandwa Kosani who repeated Matric four times. He hails from a small town in the Eastern Cape called Ngqushwa. This young man doesn’t believe in giving up or settling for less, in 2019 he did his grade 12 and unfortunately he didn’t make it, “I was facing challenges on my studies as I fell ill and was in and out of hospitals and I couldn’t focus at school.” Said Kosani

He moved to Johannesburg in 2020, his family was supportive; they encouraged him not to be negative as they believed failing means that you will do better next time. Kosani wanted to return to school full time when he got to Johannesburg but his family said he should rather write his supplementary exams as he is old, he had just turned 20 years old. He failed his supplementary exams in 2020 and that when he decided to move back to Eastern Cape so that he can go back to school full time.

“I told myself that I need to have my Matric Certificate so I went back to school full time in 2021 and I passed with a Diploma entry level and I wasn’t happy.” Said Kosani

He decided to go back to school in 2022 to repeat Matric for the fourth time and passed with a Bachelor Degree entry level and has now been accepted by three different universities.

"Kosani with his Twin Brother Luthando." Photo Supplied 

“I would like to tell the youth that it is possible, I went back to do my Grade 12 and I was the oldest in class but that didn’t stop me from achieving my goal. It is never too late to go back to school.” Concluded Kosani.

Comments

  1. Dreams Delayed are not Dreams Denied. Keep Pushing

    Go back to school repeat that grade or Grade 12 and remember wenzela wena not bona

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Radio 702 to Thobela FM, Passion will take you everywhere

Climbing the ladder to Talk Radio 702

"Be true to yourself and don't let a bad situation swallow you." Jabulile Mamkhwanazi Khumalo