I am all about love as I spread love wherever I go

 Sonke Mazibuko (28) has just released a hit song Angikhathali. Sonke was part of season 9

(2013) Idols and made it to the top 3.

"Sonke's single was released on the 7th of August 2020." Image courtesy of Sonke Mazibuko

Sonke says he took a risk by entering Idols competition and didn’t know he would make it that far in the competition. “I took a risk and I sang Michael Buble’s song home and I got three yes’s and one no and from there I just took it off and I told myself it now do or die.” Says Sonke

He didn’t know that he would make it that far, but he learnt a lot with regards to the music industry.

"Sonke Mazibuko on Season 9 Idols in 2013." Image courtesy of Sonke Mazibuko

Being voted out on Idols, Sonke didn’t have any plans but he took every gig that came his way as he now had great exposure.

“My song was inspired by love, because I am all about love, wherever I go I spread love and I will be doing more of love singles.” Says Sonke

With the strict lock-down regulations Sonke has been marketing his single digitally, online, and has been on radio interviews and he says that definitely next year he will be realizing a full album.

By Thobela Sibiya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Radio 702 to Thobela FM, Passion will take you everywhere

Climbing the ladder to Talk Radio 702

"Be true to yourself and don't let a bad situation swallow you." Jabulile Mamkhwanazi Khumalo